Email from Oz

Discussions about the Contest
Bean
Hard Core Team Member
Hard Core Team Member

Email from Oz

Postby Bean » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Here it is, coming onto the end of March. This last week was way too nice, temps in the 60’s and lots of sunshine. I can only tell you that my tulips are about 6 inches tall, already. But enough about flowers, ok, what’s with Trivia this year? It’s ready, the questions are nearly completed, just a few read through sessions and everything will be ready to go. I attended the fund raiser for the Arts Alliance at Bernard’s last night, the hills are alive with the sound of Trivia. Yep, there are many people getting ready, are you?

Trivia 41: The Dark Side of the Contest! Ok, let’s look at this; Trivia, Pink Floyd, Star Wars, Thriller and Wikipedia. Can you get any darker than that? The contest is always cool, always dark, always fun and this year will be no exception. There is just something about getting ready for this event that gives me goose bumps! Kinda dark, huh?

The Trivia Kickoff movie will be shown Friday and Saturday April 9 and 10. There will be midnight shows both nights and a 10:30 showing on Saturday morning. The shows will be on the Rogers Mega-Screen at the Rogers Cinema on Church Street in Stevens Point. Admission is still $3:00 at the door. The movie will be announced when it opens on the screen. It is rated all ages and, I hope, will truly be an experience. Be ready to laugh. The Trivia Kickoff Movie, don’t miss seeing this movie on the big screen. See you there…

SPTV will be broadcasting the contest again. It will only be available in Stevens Point. Sorry about that. So, a big salute to SPTV and a great staff this year.

Team registration will again be $30.00 per team. Registration will be Monday through Thursday from 3 until 7 and Friday from noon until 6, the week of April 12th. Registration forms are available on line at http://www.90fmtrivia.org to speed up the process. We will again have an assortment of goodies for sale. There will be onesies. With the purchase of $250.00 worth of goods, registration is free. With the purchase of $125.00 worth of goods, registration is $15.00. We will be taking pre-orders on the internet starting Sunday March 21. Just go to the web site to see the merchandise and follow the link to the order site. Remember, orders are filled on a first come, first served basis. I will personally respond to each order to let you know that it was received. The deadline for orders is 7am, Sunday April 11, 2010.

TRIVIA 41: THE DARK SIDE OF THE CONTEST MERCHANDISE
Onesies: Infant outfits sizes 6, 12, 18, 24 months $9.00
T-SHIRTS YOUTH SIZES PRINTED ONLY ON FRONT SIZES XS, S, M, L, XL $9.00
ADULT T-SHIRTS SIZES S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL $12.00
LONG SLEEVE T-SHIRTS SIZES M, L, XL, XXL $16.00
SWEATSHIRTS SIZES L, XL, XXL $25.00
HOODED SWEATSHIRTS SIZES S, M, L, XL, XXL $25.00
ZIPPERED HOODIES SIZES S, M, L, XL, XXL $30.00
MEN'S SPORTPANTS SIZES L, XL $23.00
WOMEN'S SPORT PANTS SIZES M, L, XL $23.00
TIE-DYED T-SHIRTS SIZES M, L, XL, XXL $25.00
CAP $10.00
BUCKET CAP $10.00
CAN COOLER $3.00
COFFEE MUGS $7.00
BREWERY PINT GLASS $6.00
CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS $10.00
TRIVIA STAINED GLASS HANGING $375.00
TRIVIATOWN, THE MOVIE DOES NOT COUNT TOWARD REGISTRATION CREDIT. $21.00
EXTRA COPIES OF NEW TRIVIA TIMES $7.00

Each question in the contest might run for two songs, except singing questions which run for three songs, and the final question which will run for one song. Each team is limited to one call per question. Each question is worth 2000 points divided by three plus the number of teams answering it correctly, rounded up to the next value divisible by 5, maximum of 500 points per team per question. Just before the top 5 or 10 teams are read at the end of the newscast, we will announce the point values of the previous hour's questions. Of course there will still be the two running questions. We ask that teams do not collaborate with other teams and that the contest be treated as what it is, a game. Scores will be kept up to date about every two hours on the internet at the trivia web site, http://www.90fmtrivia.org and every four hours on cable access television. After the contest begins, we will give out the Trivia Complaint line phone number. It is to be used for legitimate complaints concerning the validity of an answer. If your score does not match ours, ours is right. Please feel free to tape record and playback any part of the contest, in fact, you should use tape recorders because we will not repeat questions on the complaint line. However, no part of the contest may be broadcast or reproduced without the permission of 90FM and the OZ, including the pictures in the New Trivia Times. The pictures in the New Trivia Times may not be posted on the internet. Questions may not be reprinted for distribution.

Again, the New Trivia Times team really kicked it in the butt this year. Thanks to Jason Splinter, Chris Wiza, Mary Stroik, Ann Van Lysal and Wayne Semmerling. And thanks to the many businesses in the area who have stuck by us, even in this down turn time in the economy.

I’m ready, John’s ready. We are pumped. We are ready for it all to hit, the lines at the movie, the lines at registration, the start of the contest, “Born to Be Wild”, the sweat pouring from my head at the start of the contest, the first question, the phones going nuts, the operators waiting for you to call, the excitement that can’t be matched, this little Stevens Point gathers around the radio devouring the most intense weekend of the year, an no, I’m not your father, you just need to play Trivia, Fast Eddie………

Return to “The Contest”